Director of Facilities
Responsible for the planning, scheduling, coordinating, budgeting and supervision of all campus, maintenance and power plant operations and for the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth.
- Plans, coordinates and administers long and short-term facilities construction and maintenance plans for the Mother House campus.
- Supervises and provides leadership for the Mother House maintenance, power plant and campus departments. Meets with related supervisors on a regular basis and advises the Sisters of Charity regarding maintenance-related functions.
- Follows proper bidding and approval processes; obtains Council and Community Treasurer approval on signed contracts and large facility-related projects.
- Prepares, recommends and administers operational, equipment and capital budgets. Approves and monitors daily expenditures.
- Provides monthly facilities department updates to the Council.
- Administers contracted facilities services to include grounds maintenance, elevators, trash removal, fire safety, environmental control and other maintenance-related services.
- Prepares specifications/plans for, inspects, and coordinates contracted major and minor facilities constructions/repair projects with architects/engineers and contracted vendors.
- Inspects campus facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Recommends, prepares and coordinates preventive and deferred maintenance plans and facilities projects.
- Prepares facilities-related reports, summaries and correspondence.
- Collaborates and seeks input from departmental supervisors on various projects and facility-related items, to include communication with the University of St. Mary Facilities Director.
- Prepares estimates and submits an annual budget to the Community Treasurer.
- Coordinates compliance with regulatory agencies to meet health, life and safety codes to include OSHA, ADA, Fire Department and other regulations.
- Perform administrative duties such as approving time off, writing evaluations and coordinating training programs.
- Involved with recruitment of facility team members to include establishing interview committees, conducting interviews and recommending staff for hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, boilers and related building systems.
- Knowledge and application of codes, laws and regulations
- Minimum 5-6 years related maintenance Facility Director experience
- Minimum 5-6 years supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors and team members.
- Great time management, organization and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Must be able to climb, crouch, crawl, stoop, or bend.
- Must be able to handle heights and navigate through small, confined spaces.
- Works in various settings to include an office environment, construction sites and outdoor areas.
- May be exposed to extreme temperature changes and work in extreme temperatures both winter and summer.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE