Interested in Becoming a Sister?
Pope Francis says we are each called “to listen to that voice, to discern our personal mission in the Church and the world, and at last to live it in the today that God gives us.” We are each called to “dream big and to play our part in the unique and original story that God wants to write with us.”
Signs of a religious vocation
- Desire: Being attracted to the spiritual life and to ministry in the Church.
- Motivation: Sharing the Good News of Jesus to build up the Church and world.
- Fitness: Having the abilities and skills needed for religious life and for ministry in the Church.
- Peace: Feeling “at home” with this vocation and a particular religious community.
Discerning a vocation
- Prayer: Seek God’s love and direction through personal prayer and reading the Word of God.
- Information: Learn about religious life and get to know the community that is attracting you.
- Parish life: Participate in Sunday Eucharist and other parish activities.
- Service to others: Do volunteer service with others to experience a life of ministry.