Catholic Sisters Week takes place from March 8-14 each year. The 2022 theme is Celebrating Traditions, Changing the World. Catholic Sisters Week shines a light on the spirituality, mission, and community building of women religious!
The Catholic Sisters Week website states the following:
Fifty-two weeks a year women religious stand with the poor and immigrants, teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, offer hope …
But for one week, March 8-14, we shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
- expand and support their gospel witness
- grow the service networks they have seeded
- share their spirituality, charisms, and community
- encourage young women to consider a vocation to religious life
- support their pastoral, teaching, and prophetic works
- and focus on the new world they call into being.
Enjoy these photos of various SCL celebrations we had this year including a cookie day and a special happy hour to close the week.