Vincent de Paul made the rounds at Cristo Rey Kansas City (CRKC) High School on Sept. 27, feast day of the 17th century saint. In recognition of the feast day, CRKC opted to put Vincent to work caring for others:
• He sent the student workers off to work.
• He greeted and thanked generous benefactors at the Scholarship Breakfast.
• He’s been out in the classrooms instructing students and giving teachers a break.
• He’s been greeting students.
• He distributed chocolate chip cookies at lunch.
Vincent has indeed had a very busy day, compliments of John O’Connor, CRKC president.
Cristo Rey Kansas City High School is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth who trace the origin of the religious community to St. Vincent de Paul.