The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Part-time Switchboard Operator/Receptionist at the Motherhouse. Successful applicants should possess a high school diploma or equivalent and prior receptionist experience; however, we will train an outstanding applicant without experience. Applicants must be able to pick up additional hours to cover for vacations, etc.
Hours for this position will be Friday, 4:30pm – 8:30pm and Sunday, 9:30am – 4:30pm.
- Efficiently operates a multiline phone system and related software in order to accurately relay incoming, outgoing and intra-system calls.
- Accurately records and transmits messages.
- Greets and receives visitors of the Mother House, determines the nature of their business and provides appropriate information and/or contacts the Sisters, or employee as needed.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to emergency calls, fire alarms, etc. Determines urgency of situation and contacts the Mother House Administrator if needed.
- Occasionally assists with special projects.
- Directs and records deliveries as required.
- Maintains the reception desk/area in a clean and organized manner.
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Previous experience in the operation of a telephone/paging system is preferred as well as receptionist duties.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain accurate data.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, trustworthy, respectful and dependable.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with diverse groups of internal and external callers, visitors, employees and Sisters.
- Ability to perform sedentary work, sitting at desk and/or typing for long periods of time.
- Carries and handles light office equipment and materials on occasion.
- Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination is necessary in operating the computer and phone.
- Required to make occasional trips to the Front door.
- Excellent vision and hearing acuity is required.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org