Impelled by the love of Christ, the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, a Roman Catholic congregation of women religious, offer every loving service in their power to meet the critical needs of God’s people. Established in 1858 in Kansas, the Sisters of Charity live their mission in the spirit of their founders St. Vincent de Paul, Louise de Marillac, and Mother Xavier Ross. The Sisters, as Gospel-centered women, share a tradition of responding to the needs of the time, ministering to the vulnerable and marginalized and caring for the fragile Earth. They share their mission in partnership and collaboration with those committed to working for peace and justice.
- Efficiently operates a multiline phone system and related software in order to accurately relay incoming, outgoing and intra-system calls.
- Accurately records and transmits messages.
- Greets and receives visitors of the Mother House, determines the nature of their business and provides appropriate information and/or contacts the Sisters, or employee as needed.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to emergency calls, fire alarms, etc. Determines urgency of situation and contacts the Mother House Administrator if needed.
- Occasionally assists with special projects.
- Directs and records deliveries as required.
- Maintains the reception desk/area in a clean and organized manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Previous experience in the operation of a telephone/paging system is preferred as well as receptionist duties.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain accurate data.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, trustworthy, respectful and dependable.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with diverse groups of internal and external callers, visitors, employees and Sisters.
- Ability to perform sedentary work, sitting at desk and/or typing for long periods of time.
- Carries and handles light office equipment and materials on occasion.
- Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination is necessary in operating the computer and phone.
- Required to make occasional trips to the Front door.
- Excellent vision and hearing acuity is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring the diversity of our team. While not a minimum or mandatory qualification, we strongly encourage candidates of color, those who identify as Native American, women, people of low-income backgrounds, and those who are differently-abled to apply for this role.