The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Part-time Secretary/Receptionist in our long-term care facility. The shift is Sa-Su, daytime hours.
The Secretary-Receptionist serves as receptionist at the entrance to Ross Hall and secretary to the Ross Hall Management Team. This person acts in the manner that is reflective of the Philosophy and Mission of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. That person is responsible for performing secretarial support to the Management Team, including preparing correspondence in final form, maintaining files, payroll duties, and conducting special projects as assigned.
- Assist those who enter the facility as a visitor, contractor, etc. and be diligent as the doorkeeper for security measures at the entrance of the facility
- Responsible for signing out and getting back door cards to contactors, consultants, etc.
- Answer the main Ross Hall telephone and direct calls.
Assists full-time Secretary/Receptionist with the following:
- Maintains absenteeism calendar for employees.
- Enters payroll information regarding pay time off, etc. for employees.
- Assist with orientation of new employees, employee files and keeps employ files updated.
- Maintain storage of required employee files after termination of employment.
- Responsible for making sure employee acknowledgements are sent.
- Maintains files for various items (i.e. medication delivery, daily sheets, schedules, etc.
- Assist/perform resident billing which includes keeping track of resident transportation trips.
- Handles mail (i.e. distributes mail, sends out orders to be signed, etc.)
- Maintains file copies in nurse’s stations
- Assist with scheduling and setting up interviews, staff training, meetings, etc.
- Reserves rooms for nursing students, guest speakers, etc. as well as obtain equipment
- Records and types up meeting minutes
- Assist with collecting QAPI data
- Send death notices to resident’s providers
- Assist with updating the Sisters of Charity Birthday/Death Book
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and high degree of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent typing and word processing skills.
- Supports the SCL philosophy of caring, compassion and concern, and the
wholeness, wellness and total care approaches.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE
Or submit the form below
Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
4200 South 4th Street
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048