Immediately hiring! Registered Nurses (RN)
Established in 1858 in Kansas, the Sisters of Charity live their mission in the spirit of their founders, St. Vincent de Paul, Louise de Marillac, and Mother Xavier Ross. The Sisters, as Gospel-centered women, share a tradition of responding to the needs of the time, ministering to the vulnerable and marginalized, and caring for the fragile Earth. They share their mission in partnership and collaboration with those committed to working for peace and justice.
Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse RN Charge Nurses to join our team.
The ideal candidate will display compassion, education, proficiency, and experience while assisting the Sisters. This critical role assists in creating and managing nursing care plans and will participate in evaluating the Sisters’ current and future medical needs.
- Flexible position available!
- Our private nursing facility offers a quiet and pleasant working environment!
- Low resident (Sisters only!) to staff ratio!
- $36.00 per hour plus shift differential ($0.85 to $4.25/hr).
- Work 72 hours per pay period and get paid for 80 hours.
- Accrue 22 days of PTO in your 1st year.
- 9 paid holidays, including Birthdays off with pay.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance for as low as $90/month!
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes teamwork and care!
- Ensure Sisters’ health care records are maintained and accurate.
- Administer medications to Sisters based on conditions and symptoms.
- Order clinical and medical diagnostic exams and tests.
- Take patient vital signs.
- Record Sisters’ medical history.
- Evaluate and manage Sisters’ care plans.
- Work with other nurses and medical professionals to provide comprehensive care to Sisters.
- Counsel Sisters and family members on disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Take vital signs and start IVs for Sisters.
- Interpret diagnostic exams and tests to identify Sisters’ conditions.
- Supervise the work of licensed practical nurses, nursing aides and medication aides.
- Guarantee Sisters confidentiality is respected and kept intact.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic working environment.
- Document all actions and any irregularities so that other nursing teams are aware of the current state of the Sister.
- Provide emotional and psychological support to Sisters.
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Current licensure with Kansas State Board of Nurse examiners.
- Ability to prioritize and make sound nursing decisions within scope of practice.
- Possess leadership skills.
- Supports the SCL philosophy of caring, compassion and concern, and the wholeness, wellness, and total care approaches.
- Ability to walk, engage in a full range of motion, ability to lift/carry medium weight (up to 35 pounds), engage in pushing and pulling light weight; must have normal peripheral vision, normal vision and hearing (after correction); must have normal depth perception and sense of touch. Ability to move about with reasonable accommodation, reach, turn, twist and touch.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to operate building equipment.
- Must be able to provide personal care to residents, ambulating, lifting, toileting, and turning individual of at least 150 pounds.