The Weekend Receptionist efficiently performs clerical support following established procedures and as directed by your supervisor. The applicant should be professional, friendly, organized, and capable of prioritizing tasks in a busy environment. We seek an individual with superior customer service skills, high attention to detail, and a personality conducive to working with crowds.
- Greet and assist all residents, guests, and team members courteously and professionally.
- Ensure visitors sign in, validate the nature of their visit, and notify the resident and team members of the visitor.
- Answer phones and other communication devices promptly and transfer messages to the appropriate party.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information, including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Maintain a current file/listing of residents by name and room number, emergency phone numbers of on-call personnel, department extensions, key personnel, etc.
- Receive and ensure mail distribution and other deliveries to the appropriate person or department.
- Perform administrative tasks for supervisors, residents, and guests as requested.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, positive emphasis, and a calm environment throughout the department.
- Perform set up and close down procedures of receptionist/front entry area.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention, etc.).
- Order office supplies and ensure administrative supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Experience operating a telephone/paging system and receptionist duties is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills are necessary to maintain accurate data.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, trustworthiness, respect, and dependability.
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously with diverse groups of internal and external callers, visitors, employees, and Sisters.
- Ability to perform sedentary work, sitting at a desk and/or typing for long periods.
- Carries and handles light office equipment and materials on occasion.
- Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary for operating the computer and phone.
- Required to make occasional trips to the Front door.
- Excellent vision and hearing acuity is required.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE