Power Plant Operator
The Power Plant Operator serves as a shift operator in our power plant that produces high pressure steam and chilled water.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two-year’s experience working with boilers and HVAC equipment is preferred.
• Trade school of HVAC, electrical and mechanical equipment is preferred.
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers, HVAC equipment and related mechanical equipment in a steam generating and chilled water plant.
• Responsible for safely operating and maintaining the equipment at the SCL power plant to include high-pressure boilers, HVAC equipment and related mechanical equipment.
• Monitors equipment and keeps accurate records.
• Records meter readings hourly and records totals at the end of each shift. Mechanically inclined to do repairs on related equipment. Must be able to read and understand written instructions from shop drawings, blueprints, equipment manuals and wiring diagrams.
• Uses test equipment related to the repair and or testing of related plant equipment.
• Uses hand tools and specialized tools required in the repair of related equipment.
• Monitors weather conditions and forecasts as to increase or decrease heating or cooling loads.
• Communicates in writing and or verbally with next shift operator to notify any changes or problems in the operation of the plant or equipment.
• Answers phone for service calls and emergencies in and around the campus. Required to carry a company-issued cell phone.
• Must be able to do basic math and have legible writing.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Ability to work with high voltage equipment and high pressure piping.
• Frequently bends, stoops, reaches, climbs, or stands for extended periods.
• Must be able to move heavy objects and carry tools that weigh 50 pounds or more.
• The job requires an employee to enter confined spaces.
• Ability to climb on ladders and equipment that are of considerable height.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE