Power Plant Operator
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Power Plant Operator for the Mother House. $500 sign-on bonus and excellent pay! Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance is as low as $90 a month.
- Serves as a shift operator in a power plant producing high pressure steam and chilled water.
- Exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply the guidelines to specific situations as needed.
- Monitors equipment.
- Records meter readings hourly and records totals at the end of each shift. Mechanically inclined to do repairs on related equipment. Must be able to read and understand written instructions from shop drawings, blueprints, equipment manuals and wiring diagrams.
- Uses test equipment related to the repair and or testing of related plant equipment.
- Uses hand tools and specialized tools required in the repair of related equipment.
- Monitors weather conditions and forecasts as to increase or decrease heating or cooling loads.
- Communicates in writing and or verbally with next shift operator to notify any changes or problems in the operation of the plant or equipment.
- Answers phone for service calls and emergencies in and around the campus. Must be able to respond in a timely manner and/or call required personnel to respond. Keeps accurate records.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Candidates must have High school diploma or equivalent. Two-years experience working with boilers and HVAC equipment is preferred. Trade school of HVAC, electrical and mechanical equipment is preferred. Must be able to do basic math and have legible writing
Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, climb, or stand for extended periods; lift 50 pounds or more; enter confined, dark spaces; use equipment that is of considerable height.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE