Power Plant Manager
- Serves as a first-line supervisor directing the work of shift operators in a power plant producing high pressure steam and chilled Exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply the guidelines to specific situations as needed.
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and
- Develops and trains power plant team in the operation and maintenance of the plant equipment and
- Schedules work assignments, sets priorities, and directs the work of Works with other departments to schedule maintenance of equipment as to keep environmental disruption to a minimum.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the
- Schedules inspections of equipment to meet all local, state and federal
- Maintains a good relationship with vendors, sales and repair
- Monitors weather conditions and forecasts as to increase or decrease heating or cooling Must anticipate extreme weather conditions as to have adequate fuel on hand to meet the demands.
- Facilitates a safe work environment by enforcing OSHA standards and organizational safety
- Lays out and inspects completed work on boiler repairs, piping, electrical and HVAC
- Requisitions supplies, materials, and repair
- Prepares daily and monthly reports of power plant operation, power usage, water, fuel and
- Makes estimates of labor and/or materials for repair or new construction; prepares annual
- May be required to be on-call or available after hours to back up on-call
- Performs related duties as
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers and HVAC equipment and related mechanical equipment in a steam generating and chilled water plant; minimum 5 years
- High school diploma or equivalent; preference given to applicants with trade school or equivalent education in HVAC, electrical and mechanical
- 3-5 years supervisory
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the
- Ability to use hand tools and specialized equipment in the repair of related
- Ability to use computer equipment, read meters and gauges, and keep accurate
- Ability to work shifts which includes evenings, nights, weekends and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in
- Ability to work with high voltage equipment and high-pressure
- Frequently bends, stoops, reaches, climbs, or stands for extended
- Must be able to move heavy objects and carry tools that weigh 50 pounds or
- The job requires an employee to enter confined spaces and climb ladders of considerable
- Exposed to hazardous work environments, high-voltage equipment, extreme temperatures and confined
- Some tasks involve exposure to unpleasant fumes/odors and toxic chemicals/fuels.
- Employee is constantly around high temperature, high pressure, and high-speed rotating
- May be exposed to welding, cutting, grinding and mechanical equipment that may produce burn or eye
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE