Motor Services - Transportation Manager
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Full-time Motor Services – Transportation Manager. The manager oversees the logistics of SCL transportation services and vehicle-related maintenance operations. Must be able to work M-F and work a rotating on-call schedule.
- Plan, organize, and manage motor services staff on a daily basis to ensure work is completed and consistent with SCL policies and standards.
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships with employees, passengers, staff, and physician’s office staff.
- Plan daily transportation schedules and assign drivers and vehicles to routes.
- Ensure passengers are transported safely to various locations & adhere to departure and arrival times.
- Assist passengers, and wheelchair-bound residents, in entering and exiting vehicles and buildings.
- Ability to remain calm with passengers & properly operate vehicle under a variety of road/weather conditions.
- Perform, schedule and document vehicle maintenance and readiness; including cleaning and detailing.
- Create and maintain electronic vehicle preventative maintenance log.
- Perform diagnostic analysis & arrange appropriate repairs with local dealerships/body shops when necessary.
- Coordinate and communicate with SCL Treasurer’s office in regards to vehicle purchases, sales, large repair approval, registration and insurance.
- Conduct training for staff to include onboarding, routine vehicle maintenance & vehicle operating functions.
- Coordinate and schedule safety training for staff; including driving tests and CPR certification.
- Develop and adhere to annual departmental budget.
- Report and document any driving incidents or hazards to the appropriate leadership.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality especially regarding Sisters’ medical/physical matters.
- Associate’s degree or higher in business management, logistics or related field preferred. Will consider relevant professional-level experience and specialized training in lieu of degree.
- Solid knowledge of the motor services industry.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience, preferably in the transportation and motor services industries.
- Experience with developing and conducting training programs for staff members.
- Knowledge of vehicles, maintenance and diagnostic analysis.
- Knowledge and experience working with scheduling/fleet management software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possession of valid KS drivers’ license, CDL preferred, excellent driving record, and be fully insurable.
- Ability to drive a passenger car, handicap van, 15-passenger van and small passenger bus.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly; navigate stressful situations.
- Job requires ability to walk, stand, sit ride, twist, grasp, pull, bend, stoop, reach, or climb.
- Ability to push up to 300 pounds/Ability to carry and lift up to 50 pounds or more.
Resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE