Motor Service Operator
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Full-time Motor Service Operator. Must be able to work M-F and work a rotating on-call schedule.
- Drives a passenger car, handicap van, 15-passenger van and small passenger bus.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance, including cleaning and detailing, and ensures vehicle readiness.
- Monitors and reports any vehicle-related issues to the Motor Services Manager.
- Transports passengers safely to various locations, choosing the best route, and adhering to predetermined departure and arrival times.
- Assists passengers, and wheelchair-bound residents, in entering and exiting vehicles and buildings, both locally and in the metro area.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, passengers, SCL staff, physician’s office staff and the public.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality, especially regarding Sisters’ medical/physical matters.
- Prepares reports of any driving incidents or hazards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Employee must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years driving, chauffeur or related experience preferred.
- Possession of valid KS drivers’ license, CDL preferred, excellent driving record, and be fully insurable.
- Knowledge of vehicles, maintenance and diagnostic analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of local area roads and traffic rules.
- Must furnish a copy of driving record from county sheriff department.
- Job requires ability to walk, stand, sit ride, twist, grasp, pull, bend, stoop, reach, or climb.
- Ability to push up to 300 pounds.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 50 pounds or more.
Resume should be sent to email@example.com. EOE