Licensed Practical Nurse
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are seeking LPNs to provide effective nursing care to our resident Sisters in a way that preserves a spirit of independence/interdependence, personal dignity and responsibility in a holistic fashion.
- Assigns Nurse Aide duties each day. Supervises their work.
- Makes necessary rounds to the Sisters’ rooms to assess the quality of nursing care. Analyzes the care required for each Sister and gives input to provide necessary service.
- Observes, responds to and/or reports Sisters’ symptoms and condition.
- Assists in direct nursing care when needed.
- Transcribes physicians’ orders and administers medications. Does finger sticks and gives insulin as ordered. Those qualified will start and monitor IV (intravenous) lines as necessary. Accompanies and assists physicians on rounds.
- Charts pertinent information in the medical record in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Makes appointments for Sisters (Doctor, Dentist, etc.) and records in appointment book.
- Supervises dietary intake and reports persistent, unresolved problems to Director of Health & Wellness and/or to the dietician.
- Obtains lab orders and draws blood on appropriate Sisters.
- Packages lab specimens with lab sheets in Blood/Body fluid precaution bags.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current licensure with Kansas State Board of Nurse examiners
- Current certificate showing IV Therapy status is preferred
- Supports the SCL philosophy of caring, compassion and concern, and the wholeness, wellness and total care approaches.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE