The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a Housekeeper for the Mother House and Ross Hall. The housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning in a working convent, nursing home, and attached buildings.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Able to work independently, but with a team as jobs require.
• Ability to respond quickly to change.
• Be able to read, think, discuss, and learn all aspects of the position.
• Willingness to work in a nursing home environment.
• Keep cleaning carts, uniforms and equipment clean, stocked and in safe repair.
• Follow cleaning schedule for each day.
• Handle unexpected situations on daily basis.
• Clean bathrooms, bedrooms, offices, lounges, kitchens, hallways, etc. as on schedule.
• Empty wastebaskets, dust and polish furniture/marble, clean woodwork, dust window
blinds and take care of antiques in common areas.
• Will clean retreat centers, chapels, dining rooms and parlors weekly.
• Yearly heavy cleaning will also include windows, registers, beds and woodwork.
• Will help set up areas for special events in the Motherhouse as needed.
• Apply wax to floors and buff if asked to do so.
• Cleans machinery used daily and puts away in an orderly fashion. Mandatory attendance for in-services provided by department or Mother House.
• Have knowledge of cleaning products and equipment.
• Be able to use and care for personal cart, supplies, mop and bucket. Know how to use
various machines for carpet cleaning, floor care and tile and grout cleaning.
• Understand the SCL philosophy and remain considerate of them and their home.
• Keep medical/physical matters regarding the Sisters confidential.
• Meet deadlines for daily work schedules.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Job requires standing, climbing, reaching, bending, twisting, using hands to handle, control or feel objects, kneeling, crouching, stooping or repetitive movements of hands and feet.
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Requires contact with others (face to face, by telephone, or otherwise) and working
with individuals or as a team.
• Job will include exposure to diseases or infectious agents at times.
• Requires the wearing of common protective/safety gear.
Applicants should email an updated resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE