Coordinator of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Office
Department: General Community Services
Reports To: Director of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Office
Job Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Job Summary: This position assists the Director and Special Interest Groups while promoting justice, education, advocacy, and action on the part of the Sisters, Associates, and staff with respect to current issues of justice, peace, and integrity of creation.
- Responsible for managing and supporting interest groups to include organizing meetings, providing research and assisting with efforts to aid their initiatives.
- Provides regular input for the SCL Justice newsletter, regularly provides updates on the justice links on the SCL website and Daily News.
- Research and work on initiatives in Leavenworth county and surrounding areas.
- Assists Coordinator in planning and implementing advocacy, action, and communications via letters, phone calls, and meetings with elected officials on critical justice concerns of the SCL Congregation.
- Keeps current on pending legislation as related to focus areas of the SCL Congregations.
- Attends meetings with elected officials at the local, state, and national levels as needed.
- Develops and maintain relationships with other advocacy organizations on key issues.
- Participates in ongoing professional development, including occasional travel to conferences.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned.
- Associates (Bachelor’s preferred) degree in Political Science, Sociology, Business Administration, Theology or similar
- Strong commitment to and demonstrated passion for justice
- Willingness to learn or understands the congregation’s charism
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication, and technology skills
- Openness to varied points of view and cultures
- Sensitivity to language as it impacts race, gender, and culture
- Ability to manage flexible hours
- Occasional, local travel (10%-25%)
- Carrying, bending, stooping, grasping, standing, twisting, sitting, lifting, walking, filing
- Communicating with Sisters, associates, and co-workers via face-to face, phone, and other technological means
- Push, pull, lift, or carry up to 20 pounds occasionally; generally sedentary
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Applications are available in the Mother House Bell Room and can be returned to the HR Department.