Administrative Assistant -- Full-time
Serves as administrative support for the General Councilors and certain members of leadership. This position acts in a manner that is reflective of the Philosophy and Mission of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (SCL). The Administrative Assistant must handle discreetly a wide variety of sensitive, confidential information concerning corporate and personnel affairs.
• Responsible for performing secretarial and administrative support for the GC.
• Manages multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
• Organizes office procedures, and understands Community policies and procedures in order to carry out assigned administrative responsibilities.
• Prepares interoffice and external correspondence in final form.
• Responsible for the production of materials for Assemblies and other governance related events.
• Uses various software programs to create booklets, brochures, liturgical worship aides, etc.
• Schedules meetings, conferences, travel, etc.
• Operates standard office machines and equipment.
• Assembles, maintains and updates files which may include highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Keyboard skills to include typing with sufficient speed and accuracy to prepare a variety of administrative related correspondence and reports in an efficient manner.
• Maintains alpha/numeric filing system, to gather and summarize data for reports, offer solutions to various administrative problems, and establish work priorities.
• Responsible for various special projects assigned by the GC.
• Demonstrates poise, tact, and diplomacy consistently.
• Maintains good rapport with the public.
• Other related duties as required.
• Associates degree in secretarial science, bus. administration, or combination of education/experience preferred.
• Minimum of five-years experience in similar position required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience working with graphic programs such as Publisher.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform sedentary work, sitting at desk and/or typing for long periods of time.
• Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
• Stoops and bends when using files.
• Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination is necessary in operating the personal computer and calculator.
• Requires concentrated visual attention which must be maintained for sustained periods. Good vision and hearing acuity is required to record data and answer calls.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Applications are available in the Mother House Bell Room and can be returned to the HR Department.
Sisters of Charity, Mother House
Attn: HR Director
4200 South 4th Street
Leavenworth, KS. 66048
Or submit the form below
Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
4200 South 4th Street
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048