Director of SCL Communications -- Full-time
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth are currently seeking a full-time Director of Communications. The Communications Director will maintain and coordinate a comprehensive communications program to support the mission, philosophy and positive image of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (SCLs) and facilitate the flow of information within the organization and out to its various publics. The position will also oversee official record-keeping and other responsibilities on behalf of the SCL Community.
1. Internal Communications and Other
• Formulate, design, seek approval and implement Community communications goals and strategies.
• Develop communications plans for special observances and events.
• Provide communications support and resources to SCL Community Director, Council, offices, staff and committees.
• Develop and maintain consistent and regular communications within the SCL Community.
• Assume responsibility for bilingual email communications.
• Prepare and manage annual departmental budget.
• Develop departmental policies and procedures.
• Conduct communication audits to determine satisfaction with means, frequency, etc., of internal communications.
2. External Communications
• Provide communications support as needed or requested for events, announcements, activities and news about the SCL Community and individual SCLs.
• Develop and disseminate communications regarding deaths of Sisters.
• Develop press releases, announcements, news and feature articles for distribution.
• Develop, review and implement crisis communication plans and, when delegated, function as communications spokesperson for the Community.
• Serve as liaison with media for inquiries.
• Maintain membership and actively participate in appropriate professional communications organizations and SCL Community committees.
• Update and maintain the SCL listing in the Catholic Directory.
• Compile, write, edit and coordinate distribution of Annual Stewardship Report of Leaven Ministries.
3. Website/Social Media/Publications
• Serve as primary liaison with the website developer and host.
• Manage updates, modifications and additions to the SCL website and social media outlets.
• Maintain freshness of the SCL website and social media outlets through regular content updates; monitor sites for timeliness, accuracy, effectiveness of navigation and utilization.
• Plan, produce, edit and publish print materials.
• Develop advertisements for media placement or printed programs of events.
• Coordinate the production of audiovisual materials.
• Take photographs and/or video at special events, observances and activities.
4. Data Management
• Supervise archival staff and Communications Office support staff.
• Oversee the archives, which include all acts and documents concerning the history and administration of the Community.
• Evaluate information for its archival value (historic and/or public).
• Oversee the creation, maintenance and updating of personal files of SCLs.
• Supervise the maintenance and distribution of the SCL Directory.
• Complete the Annual Statistical Report and file it with the appropriate organization.
• Process documents and track information related to Temporary, Perpetual and Final Vows.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or similar field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a lead communications role.
• Familiarity with utilizing and updating organizational electronic and social media outlets.
• 1-3 years of experience compiling, tracking, maintaining information for directories and databases.
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are available in the Mother House Bell Room and can be returned to the HR Department.