Administrative Assistant to the Community Councilors
Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Community Councilors
Department: General Community Services
Reports to: Community Council
Job Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Position Summary: Serves as administrative support for the Community Councilors and certain members of leadership. This position acts in a manner that is reflective of the Philosophy and Mission of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth (SCL). The Administrative Assistant must handle discreetly a wide variety of sensitive, confidential information concerning corporate and personnel affairs.
- Provides secretarial and administrative support for the Community Council.
- Manages multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates professionalism and diplomacy consistently.
- Organizes office processes and understands Community policies and procedures to carry out assigned administrative responsibilities.
- Prepares interoffice and external correspondence in final form.
- Schedules meetings, conferences, travel, etc.,
- Monitors Community Council calendars and provides support for meetings and travel.
- Provides support for various special projects assigned by the Community Council.
- Assembles, maintains, and updates files which may include highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Prepares a variety of administrative-related correspondence and reports in an efficient manner with a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Takes and distributes minutes, as requested.
- Produces materials for SCL Community Councilors.
- Uses various software programs to create booklets, brochures, liturgical worship aids, etc.
- Operates standard office machines and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides administrative assistance for Director of Associates Office.
- Associate degree in secretarial science, business administration, or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar position required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with desktop publishing software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform sedentary work, sitting at desk and/or typing for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Stoops and bends when using files.
- Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination is necessary in operating personal computer.
- Requires concentrated visual attention which must be maintained for sustained periods. Good vision and hearing acuity are required to record data and answer calls.
Please note that a cover letter is required along with your resume. The cover letter should highlight your relevant experience and qualifications, as well as your motivation for pursuing this opportunity.